Music at Wolfson
We are delighted to offer a wide range of concerts throughout the year.
- Our Lunchtime Concert Series is held on Saturdays at 13.30 in the Lee Hall and showcases musical talent from across the University.
- We produce major choral concerts at the end of both Michaelmas and Lent terms. The College Choir is able to showcase its work, as are talented Wolfson soloists and ensembles. We also feature guests performers from time to time such as the BBC Radio 2 Young Chorister of the Year, Prime Brass and soloists from The BBC Singers.
- Following some Formal Halls, Music & Madeira offers professional concerts in the Lee Hall. Recent performances include Deco Ensemble, flautist Daniel Pailthorpe, tenor Andrew Kennedy, Classico Latino, The Revolutionary Drawing room, The King's Men and guitarist Craig Ogden. This year's performers include Ignacio Maña-Mesas (saxophone) with Donal McCann (piano), The Austen Trio and vocal ensemble Scaramella.
- We have occasional Early Music recitals on selected Friday evenings before Formal Hall at 6.30pm.
- Our end-of-year concert is The Mary Bevan Recital given by winners of the Cambridge University Musical Society Concerto competition (the 2019 winner was a Wolfson student! Pianist - Churen Li)
Music Scholarships are available for talented accompanists and singers.
Click here for information
We also help students and visitors develop music literacy skills and music appreciation through membership of the College Choir, attendance at concerts and access to keyboard instruments for practice. Would you like to give a recital in a warm and relaxed environment? If so, our Saturday lunchtime concert series is for you! There is a collection of scores for use by current students in the Fuchs House Music Room.
Email email@example.com for more details.