Updated 1 April 2020.
- Advice from the government
As of 24 March, the goverment has asked everyone to stay at home, unless for very specific reasons:Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (where this absolutely cannot be done from home). Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people
Public Health England has a full guidance on staying at home and away from others.
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Self isolation and Household isolation
The current NHS guidance is to self-isolate or stay at home for 7 days if you have either:a high temperature
a new, continuous cough
The guidance from Public Health England for self-isolation due to symptoms of Coronavirus has now been extended to ALL members of a household.
Please read the full College guidance on self and household isolation.